This recipe is for those Lamb lovers out there. This meal is super delicious. And with the many colorful bell peppers, it makes it such a pretty looking dish. So I hope you try it out and enjoy it as much as my husband and I do.
“Lamb Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe with Vegetables and Red Potatoes As A Side Dish”
1-2 green bell peppers
1-2 red bell peppers
1-2 yellow bell pepper
1-2 orange bell pepper
(tops cut off and peppers to remain whole, white seeds removed)
Meat Stuffing Ingredients:
3-5 pounds of ground lamb
4 garlic cloves (minced)
½ small Onion (minced)
½ packet of unsalted saltine crackers
(about 10 crackers slightly crushed into bits and pieces)
1 or 2 fresh eggs
1 Tablespoon of dried rosemary spice
1 Tablespoon of dried thyme spice
1 teaspoon of dried oregano spice
1 teaspoon of dried parsley spice
½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
1 Tablespoon of salt
½ teaspoon of black pepper
1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
1 Tablespoon of onion powder
1 cup of tomato ketchup
Meat Topping Sauce Ingredients:
½ cup of BBQ sauce
½ cup ketchup
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 Tablespoon white sugar
1 Tablespoon syrup
Side Dish of Vegetables and Red Potatoes Ingredients:
3 red potatoes (peeled and cut into bite sizes)
5 extra large carrots (peeled and sliced)
1 stalk of celery (chopped)
3 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups of chicken broth or plain water
1 cup of almond milk
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
2 Tablespoons of adobo seasoning
1 stick of butter
2 tablespoons of cornstarch (to thicken)
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Mix all the meat stuffing ingredients together.
3. Insert the meat stuffing into the bell peppers to the top and make flat. (Do not put too much stuffing over the top of the bell pepper because you will need space for the topping sauce to go on top but not to run over.)
4. Mix the topping sauce together.
5. Place and line the stuffed peppers up in either one or two glass oval bread pans. (Any type of baking pans will do but bread pans prevents the peppers from falling over and puts them in the pan deep enough so when covering them with foil the foil barely touches the top portion of the stuffed peppers.)
6. Coat the tops of the meat stuffing with topping sauce. (Be liberal but not over flowing it has to just cover the top well.)
7. Cover with aluminum foil.
8. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
9. Remove the foil and allow to continue to cook for 20 minutes longer or until completely done.
10. The stuffed peppers are ready to serve with the side dish of potatoes and vegetables.
Side Dish of Vegetables and Red Potatoes Directions:
1. Put the vegetables and potatoes along with the other ingredients in a medium sized non stick pot with a lid and bring to a boil.
2. Allow it simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are done. Once done then add a tablespoon of water to the cornstarch, mix it and pour in over the vegetables and stir to thicken.