This recipe is one of my husbands favorite meals! If I cooked this type of meal at least once a week he would feel he’s in heaven. LOL! But this is something that is made maybe once or twice during the winter months and once it’s made I make sure there are plenty leftovers to freeze for another few servings a week later. So I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
2 extra large and thick London broil beef steaks
2-3 large white onions (finely chopped)
½ of a 15 oz. bottle of zesty Italian dressing (Wishbone or Kraft)
1 tablespoon each of salt, black pepper, adobo seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder
1 tablespoon of cornstarch blended in ½ cup of cold water
5 extra large & thick carrots (peeled and cut in half)
2 tall stalks of celery (finely chopped)
a bit of Pam cooking spray
Utensils And Cookware Needed:
Oval Large Crock Pot
1. Rinse off both pieces of London Broil steaks then season them well with spices.
2. Lightly spray the crock pot with the Pam oil cooking spray.
3. Place and spread the finely chopped onions evenly on the bottom of the crock pot, making a bed of onions then lay in the carrots around the edges of the inner crock and sprinkle in the celery.
4. Place the seasoned beef steaks over the bed of the onions.
5. Pour the Italian dressing over top of the steaks.
6. Cook on high in a crock pot for two (2) hours.
7. Then put crock on low for the next five (5) or six (6) hours or until done.
8. Add in the cornstarch mixture and stir the pot. As you stir the meat will fall apart as you do this so as to thicken the gravy. Then let it continue to cook on low for another 1/2 hour or less and it’s ready to serve.
Can be served over regular white rice or Basmati white rice or egg noodles or mashed potatoes or boiled potatoes that’s cut into chunky bite size pieces.
~Don’t forget to have an enjoyable amazing Day!~