These Amaranth Fritters takes two days to make but they are so delicious and such a nutritious protein-rich healthy food. My husband could not eat only one. LOL! I prefer to use the Spelt flour instead of the white flour because the consistency is much different and the taste is so much better than the white flour. And there was enough to have a few the next day and so I sprinkled mozzarella cheese on top. Anyway, I hope you will try them.
“Amaranth Fritters Recipe”
1 cup Organic whole grain Amaranth
1/2 medium onion (diced)
1 cup of scallions (diced)
1-3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 ½ cup water
(add in 1 cup of water every 8-10 minutes of the 40 minutes cooking time)
1 teaspoon of better than bullion chicken broth paste
4 Tbsp Spelt flour
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
Avocodo oil to fry
1 large skillet
1 mixing bowl
1. In a skillet add 1 Tbsp of oil and brown the onions (not the scallions) and garlic.
2. Then add hot boiling water, broth paste and stir in the amaranth.
3. Allow it to cook on low flame for 40 minutes and add in a cup of water every 8-10 minutes because the water evaporates into this grain. So you’ll have to watch it closely.
4. After letting it cool. Pour the mixture in a sealed container to go into the refrigerator overnight so that the mixture is cold and jelly-like.
5. Put a little oil in the skillet and let it warm up.
6. Add 4 Tbsp of Spelt flour (or white flour) and 2 eggs and scallions to the cold jelly-like Amaranth mixture and blend together well then add one tablespoon at a time into the hot oil to fry browning both sides evenly until done.