For summer there is nothing more delicious then to sit down to a plate full of fried green tomatoes.
My husband love’s having some all summer long with a tall glass of southern style sweet tea.
This is my step mom Susan’s slightly crunchy recipe that is the best in the world.
Susan’s Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
2 Large round green tomatoes (Thickly Sliced)
2 Tablespoons of white flour
2 Tablespoons of fine ground corn meal
1 Tablespoon of seasoned salt or adobo
½ teaspoon of black pepper
1 ½ cup of cooking oil
1. Combine all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Coat each slice of tomatoes in the flour mixture.
3. Heat oil on low flame, then add a few coated tomatoes (enough to fit) into the skillet. Then turn flame to medium heat.
4. Let one side cook until browned. Then turn over to other side till browned.
5. Then turn flame to low heat and let the tomatoes cook thru and thru until slightly soft but still a little firm.
6. Remove tomatoes from skillet onto serving dish.
7. Repeat with all tomato slices.
Serve with a bit of honey mustard and/or horseradish sauce on the side and enjoy.