No Bake Strawberry Topped Coconut Oat Treat Recipe
5-6 cups of rolled oats (or Quaker oats/not instant)
3 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
1-2 Tablespoons of unsweetened coco powder
1-2 teaspoons of ginger powder (optional)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (optional)
2-3 packets of Stevia (optional)
2-3 Tablespoons of raw honey
2-3 Tablespoons of local honey
½ stick of butter (optional)
1 cup of coconut oil
1-2 Tablespoons of vanilla extract
1 cup of strawberry jam or preserves (as much or little as needed)
1 medium mixing bowl
1 small pot
Individual portion sized glass or plastic containers or bowls with a top
1. Heat all of the wet ingredients in a small pot on low flame until it all melts (takes about a minute or so) then set it aside.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and stir well.
4. Pour the mixture into small individual portion sized containers (be sure to smash it in tightly) then
5. Coat the top of mixture with strawberry jam or preserves.
6. Cover and refrigerate a few hours.
You can sprinkle over the jam/preserves a bit of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, yogurt coated almond pieces or yogurt coated pretzel bits, pecan pieces, raisins, cranberries, a dollip of fresh sour cream, cream cheese or yogurt or even more shredded coconut if you like. Live a little!
I love to have this with a bit of blue cheese chunks on the side and a glass of iced cold ginger beer. (I must post my ginger beer recipe because it is quite delicious) What can I say I have some strange taste buds yall. LOL!
So this is one of our (my husband and mine) very sweet favorite chewy weekend snack that is so easy to make. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and may you all have
A Wonderful Weekend!