Nelson Mandela was a great, heroic and extraordinary man who was born for the purpose of changing the world and to make it a better place. I truly believe he was God’s gift to the world and was an example of what LOVE looks like. He chose to not only love those who loved him but to love even his enemies and oppressors.
God gave him to us for a short while and now he is in God’s presence forevermore. He was Love in action……need I say more. His life was that of struggle as he fought against the system of apartheid and he was a winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. His was a life to be so very proud of because of his love for humanity.
So I am taking a moment to honor him on my blog today and extending deep and heartfelt sympathy to the Mandela family for their loss. He will be greatly missed.
*More information on his life: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela
- South Africa’s Nelson Mandela dies. (laurahg5.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95 (atlanta.cbslocal.com)
- Nelson Mandela made his mark on popular culture (SLIDESHOW) (thegrio.com)
- Nelson Mandela | A remembrance (framework.latimes.com)
- RIP Nelson Mandela (cazhilly.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela (theordinarylifeofdean.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela (shabbyfilm.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela (decemberbloggers.wordpress.com)