There seems to always be a bully in every neighborhood. I remember as a young girl and later as a young adult how the neighborhood bully used to terrify me. It’s not that I was being bullied back then but I remember how terrifying it was to watch a bully in action in another person’s life. In junior high the bullies would always pick on the weakest person in school and I witnessed one friend of mine being beaten so badly and bullied to scorn. So as I watched, I felt so powerless and helpless to do anything about the situation lest I be beaten in the same way as well. I think at some point along the way I decided I would make being kind to others a major part of my existence.
Back then is when I started doing acts of kindness. I was always looking for an opportunity to do good. I always volunteered to help a friend or two with homework, or to raise the money to buy a warm coat for a homeless person I noticed in our neighborhood. I would share my lunch with someone who forgot theirs or did not have lunch at all. I always felt that bullies were losers anyway and they would always leave a bad taste in my mouth, but I am grateful that it made me decide that I would never treat another human being with cruelty and I would show kindness and love to every human being. I decided back then to beat bullies down with showing and being kind. I somehow wanted to even the score between good and evil. So I made a conscious effort whenever I could to shun bullies with every part of my being. I would get together with friends and we would not include the neighborhood bully in any of our play time or include them when we would do fun things together. It kind of worked to turn some of the bullies away from their crooked ways (LOL) but still for some there was no reformation at all no matter what we tried to do with them.
Now even today as a adult I have met some adult bullies and they seem to be so much worse and infected with hate and evil the older they get. But I continue to shun them whenever I can and try to keep bullies as far away from me as I can. But one good thing I learned is to always send them vibrations of love which I never did before. It’s just so difficult dealing with a person who wants to have everything go their way anyway.
So it is always my prayer to let peace be to everyone, let my past actions not harm me, let others actions not affect me and let others not be affected by my actions…… that Peace will be with everyone.
- Beat Down… (tapestrytreasures.wordpress.com)
- NoBullying.com Releases Today an Article on The Psychology of Bullying (prweb.com)
- ADHD and Bullying: Dr. Ashley Gorman Examines the Role of Bullying in Addressing ADHD and Offers Tips for Parents (prweb.com)
- The Bully (felansriposte.wordpress.com)
- NoBullying.com Invites Psychiatrists to Contribute to an Article On… (prweb.com)
- Full impact of bullying revealed in Warwick University study (coventrytelegraph.net)
- What You Can Do About Bullying in School (clarksvilleonline.com)
- Susan Harrison Wolffis: Sending a message about bullying in time for the new school year (mlive.com)
- Mother Of Suicide Victim Hopes Lawsuit Will Stop Bullying (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Be nice to people. (mirandasmanual.wordpress.com)